Proofpoint published research of never seen but heavily theorized Internet-of-Things cyber attack. They believe this is an industry first - standard household appliances such as smart TVs and Refrigerators used to send malicious and junk email accross the globe.
Wikileaks team and the World's most famous activist whistleblower are holding a talk in Saal 1 at Chaos Communication Congress in Hamburg, Germany.
According to documents released by Edward Snowden, NSA and GCHQ (UK version of NSA) use Google's cookies, primarily designed for interest-based ad-targeting, to identify their targets.
The official Website of U.S. Marines got hacked today by the hacktivist group Syrian Electronic Army following President Obama's announcement that he would seek congressional approvement for a military strike against Syria.
A new virus which is masquerading as a video message can hijack Facebook accounts and Google Chrome browsers.
News is spreading that google.ps was hacked by a Palestinian hacker group. The apparent google.ps hack actually consisted of posioning root DNS servers of the .ps TLD system. The DNS attack of course had political motives.
Department of Homeland Security issued an on Friday (02 Aug) following a vulnerability disclosure in all versions of the transport layer security (TLS) and secure sockets layer (SSL).
It seems more and more foreigners do their ATM hacking in Thailand. In the last 18 months over 10 groups of various nationalities have been arrested across Thailand for stealing.
Students from University of Texas at Austin were successful in spoofing GPS signals and steering $80m worth yacht off course. The experiment took place 30 miles off the coast of Italy while the yacht was sailing in international waters.
The famous German video game company Crytek recently took down 4 of it's websites. Apart from the usual "please change your password when you login", there's a chance the impact may be a bit further than just Crytek's websites.
Industry newsWe're reporting IT security news on a daily basis
- » APT 12 returns with new tools
- » New variant mobile worm
- » Google will help users surf safely
- » Microsoft employs hackers again
- » Xerox security vulnerability
- » FBI starts Operation Identity Shield
- » Black Hat reveals security issues again
- » A new Trojan hiding in e-mails
- » The fake Interpol site
- » Another Firefox exploit
- » 8000 websites defaced because of Lebanon war
- » New Microsoft update makes Windows incompatible
- » Firefox update fixes security issues
- » A Trojan in Firefox extension
AdvisoriesSecurity advisories by popular software Vendors
- libx11, libxrender vulnerability
- NTP vulnerabilities
- Moderate openssl security update
Red Hat: RHSA-2015:0800-01
- openldap 2.4.40 updates
- ImageMagick 126.96.36.199 updates
- arj 3.10.22 updates
- libxml2 2.9.1 updates
- xen 4.3.4 updates
VulnerabilitiesWhat's cooking right now?
- » High: The Netlogon server implementation in smbd in Samba 3.5.x and 3.6.x before 3.6.25, 4.0.x before 4.0.
- » High: Use-after-free vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player before 188.8.131.529 and 14.x through 16.x before 16
- » High: The image-upgrade implementation on Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience (aka Collaboration Desk E
- » High: The dwall.sys driver in SoftSphere DefenseWall Personal Firewall 3.24 allows local users to write da
- » High: Anyterm Daemon in Infoblox Network Automation NetMRI before NETMRI-23483 allows remote attackers to
- » High: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in D-Link DCS-931L with firmware 1.04 and earlier allows remo
- » High: D-Link DAP-1320 Rev Ax with firmware before 1.21b05 allows attackers to execute arbitrary commands v
- » High: The D-Link DIR-645 Wired/Wireless Router Rev. Ax with firmware 1.04b12 and earlier allows remote att
- » High: Stack-based buffer overflow in the DIR-645 Wired/Wireless Router Rev. Ax with firmware 1.04b12 and e
- » Med: Multiple untrusted search path vulnerabilities in updater.exe in Mozilla Firefox before 36.0, Firefo
- » Med: Unquoted Windows search path vulnerability in Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windows before 9.10.32(T)
- » High: Network Vision IntraVue before 2.3.0a14 on Windows allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary OS c
- » High: The NVIDIA Display Driver R304 before 309.08, R340 before 341.44, R343 before 345.20, and R346 befor