Proofpoint published research of never seen but heavily theorized Internet-of-Things cyber attack. They believe this is an industry first - standard household appliances such as smart TVs and Refrigerators used to send malicious and junk email accross the globe.
Wikileaks team and the World's most famous activist whistleblower are holding a talk in Saal 1 at Chaos Communication Congress in Hamburg, Germany.
According to documents released by Edward Snowden, NSA and GCHQ (UK version of NSA) use Google's cookies, primarily designed for interest-based ad-targeting, to identify their targets.
The official Website of U.S. Marines got hacked today by the hacktivist group Syrian Electronic Army following President Obama's announcement that he would seek congressional approvement for a military strike against Syria.
A new virus which is masquerading as a video message can hijack Facebook accounts and Google Chrome browsers.
News is spreading that google.ps was hacked by a Palestinian hacker group. The apparent google.ps hack actually consisted of posioning root DNS servers of the .ps TLD system. The DNS attack of course had political motives.
Department of Homeland Security issued an on Friday (02 Aug) following a vulnerability disclosure in all versions of the transport layer security (TLS) and secure sockets layer (SSL).
It seems more and more foreigners do their ATM hacking in Thailand. In the last 18 months over 10 groups of various nationalities have been arrested across Thailand for stealing.
Students from University of Texas at Austin were successful in spoofing GPS signals and steering $80m worth yacht off course. The experiment took place 30 miles off the coast of Italy while the yacht was sailing in international waters.
The famous German video game company Crytek recently took down 4 of it's websites. Apart from the usual "please change your password when you login", there's a chance the impact may be a bit further than just Crytek's websites.
Industry newsWe're reporting IT security news on a daily basis
- » APT 12 returns with new tools
- » New variant mobile worm
- » Google will help users surf safely
- » Microsoft employs hackers again
- » Xerox security vulnerability
- » FBI starts Operation Identity Shield
- » Black Hat reveals security issues again
- » A new Trojan hiding in e-mails
- » The fake Interpol site
- » Another Firefox exploit
- » 8000 websites defaced because of Lebanon war
- » New Microsoft update makes Windows incompatible
- » Firefox update fixes security issues
- » A Trojan in Firefox extension
AdvisoriesSecurity advisories by popular software Vendors
- erlang-ibrowse 4.0.1 updates
- php-ZendFramework 1.12.7 updates
- php-ZendFramework 1.12.7 updates
- polarssl 1.2.11 updates
- Important CentOS 5 java-1.6.0-openjdk Update
- CUPS vulnerability
- kernel 3.15.6 updates
- dpkg 1.16.15 updates
VulnerabilitiesWhat's cooking right now?
- » High: Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) 5.1.1 before 5.1.1e, when SharePoint prefetch optimizati
- » High: Cisco NX-OS 5.0 before 5.0(5) on Nexus 7000 devices, when local authentication and multiple VDCs are
- » High: EMC Documentum D2 3.1 before P20, 3.1 SP1 before P02, 4.0 before P10, 4.1 before P13, and 4.2 before
- » High: Unspecified vulnerability in HP Operations Manager i 9.1 through 9.13 and 9.2 through 9.24 allows re
- » High: Buffer overflow in the Smart Call Home implementation in Cisco NX-OS on Fabric Interconnects in Cisc
- » Med: The Agent in Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler (TES) 6.1 and earlier allows local users to gain privi
- » Med: The mod_wsgi module before 3.5 for Apache, when daemon mode is enabled, does not properly handle err
- » High: Multiple untrusted search path vulnerabilities in unspecified (1) setuid and (2) setgid programs in
- » High: Ruby vSphere Console (RVC) in VMware vCenter Server Appliance allows remote authenticated users to e
- » High: Stack-based buffer overflow in the do_hnap function in www/my_cgi.cgi in D-Link DSP-W215 (Rev. A1) w
- » High: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 through 11 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause
- » High: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial o
- » High: Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and 11 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a d