TPB files charges against media companiesby Nikola Strahija on September 22nd, 2007 The Pirate Bay (TPB), a well known torrent tracker presumably has the proof that big record and movie labels are hiring professional hackers, saboteurs and DDoSers to destroy their trackers.
On their blog TPB says that while browsing through emails leaked from MediaDefender-Defenders they have identified the companies that are also active in Sweden (where TPB is from).
TPB has reported these incidents to the police with charges for: infrastructural sabotage, denial of service attacks, hacking and spamming and all of these on a commercial level.
The companies that are being reported are the following:
* Twentieth Century Fox, Sweden AB
* Emi Music Sweden AB
* Universal Music Group Sweden AB
* Universal Pictures Nordic AB
* Paramount Home Entertainment (Sweden) AB
* Atari Nordic AB
* Activision Nordic Filial Till Activision (Uk) Ltd
* Ubisoft Sweden AB
* Sony Bmg Music Entertainment (Sweden) AB
* Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Nordic AB
Torrent with alleged leaked emails is available on: http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3806944/MediaDefender.Mail.200612.200709-MDD